Articles | Continuing Education | Endorsements |
Education for Ministry Program of the University of the South
Clinical Pastoral Education
The Intensive Journal method can serve a valuable role in achieving the objectives set forth by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education in your clinical pastoral education program.
Use a Leading Methodology For Writing and Self-Reflection• Apply an integrated system that deepens the reflection process in a sustained contemplative atmosphere for awareness and perspectives.
• Utilizing sound theoretical principles of psychology, the Progoff methodology provides proven techniques to use in your institution.
Foster Self-Awareness in the Workplace
• Use specialized exercises that are designed to make tangible and accessible details of issues for further assessment and review.
• Learn ways to approach issues from different perspectives to be more effective working in an interdisciplinary team environment.
• Become more attentive and observant of situations as you work through details of issues over time.
• Access deeper-than-conscious levels, a key way to build intuitive capacities.
• Become more expressive through the use of the writing exercises.
Develop Ministry and Pastoral Counseling Skills• Use the method to access capacities and develop skills as a minister. The program is recognized as an effective tool for ministry, having a strong emphasis upon spiritual growth. Many program leaders have a background in ministry and related areas.
• Access beliefs using a neutral process without dogma, well-suited for working in an interfaith setting.
• Learn an important complement to counseling, providing approaches that are especially helpful for people in crisis.
• Gain awareness about how attitudes, values, assumptions, strengths and weaknesses affect pastoral care ministry.