- “The New York State Department of Labor Job-Training Program: Applying the Progoff Intensive Journal Method,” by Shirley Sealy and Tom Duffy.
- Dr. Progoff's pioneering research on the impact of using the method in an ongoing job training program.
Articles pertaining to the use of the Intensive Journal method with populations in rehabilitation are found in the criminal justice section.
- No Longer Theory: Correctional Practices That Work
by Harvey Shrum Ed. D.
- Journal of Correctional Education, Sept. 2004, Volume 55, Issue 3, pp. 225-235.
- Awakening Behind Walls In An Intensive Journal® Workshop
by Charles Evans, II.
- Reprinted from Fellowship in Prayer, Oct. 1986, Volume 37, Number 5, pp. 43-46.
- Rehabilitation Strategies for the Criminal Justice System,
An Interview with Harvey Shrum, Ed.D.
- by Jessica Haas. August 2005.
- The Intensive Journal Target Prison Program
by Jon Progoff.
- A final report summarizing the transforming experience for a group of 15 female inmates at the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility in Westchester, New York.